Wednesday 30 November 2011

I'm shattered!

First of all, congratulations to our DS. on his promotion, you deserve it darling as you have worked very hard.

Today was the 3rd day of basket making and if it comes to a choice between reed and willow, I'll take reed any day. I've come home with a very low down broken off nail, aches all over and a few sore fingers. By tomorrow, we are told, our hands will ache quite badly!

I was by myself as B. was ill with asthma. It was Gary's birthday and he bought us all some little pastries – went down a treat.
Here is my basket for today. Our tutor told us it would take the last 2 weeks of the course to do this, but we all managed to finish today.



It is about the size of a large dinner plate and roughly 4” high. I now have a heavy bucket plus some weights sitting inside it as the base is slightly uneven – hopefully should do the trick.

2 comments:

  1. You have done well! That looks very acomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarina - it was certainly hard work.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.