Sunday 27 November 2011

A relatively quiet day


Managed to get more sleep last night, only woken up a few times by my back and neck. I'm not the best of sleepers anyway, it seems to be getting worse as I get older.

According to The Food Hospital programme on Channel 4. though, if I am not adversely affected by not sleeping i.e. gritty eyes, tired out all day, irritable, I don't have insomnia! It's true, I don't seem to be too bad even after 2 or 3 days of lack of sleep. I am however, most of the above when I have a completely sleepless night – who can blame me.

I probably don't sleep more than 2-3 hours per night for a couple of nights, then I'll sleep for about 3 or 4, then back onto the 2-3 hours etc. Every now and then, maybe once a fortnight or so, I don't sleep at all. If things get really bad and I've had several nights of hardly any sleep, I'll take a 1/2 tablet of 2 a night Nytol (blue box not green).

If you can't sleep, this type of Nytol is very good but once I had built up to taking it every night (even at a 1/4 the recommended dose), thought I had better take a break from it. I can't take a full tablet even though I sleep very well with it – great – as I am very dozy the next day – not so great!

Anyway, sleep issues to one side I have today made my second batch of mincemeat and some new marmalade. 2 jars with Grand Marnier in them, 2 with ginger and 1 1/2 plain.


2 comments:

  1. What do you do to fill all the hours during the night? If I have sleepless nights I always get up to watch tv or use the computer. When I was studying for my degree I used to work if I woke up during the night - never actually writing the assignments but doing research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scarlet. I can't do anything much during these sleepless nights other than read simply because using the computer/ writing etc makes things worse as I then start thinking about those things. I will get up to watch something on TV if the front room is still warm but I prefer to stay in bed and keep warm. A hot drink and or a touch of something in it usually has the effect to send me off to sleep after a couple of hours.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.