Saturday 12 November 2011

Still trying to put the garden to bed


In these dull November days, here is a little ditty to cheer you up, author unknown:

I wish I was a glow worm
A glow worm's never glum
'Cos how can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out your bum!

We are still trying to finish sorting out our garden ready for winter. The nights may be drawing in and we occasionally have the heating on for the odd 1/2 hour just to take the chill off the rest of the house, but the temperature outside is still warm enough to be fooling summer plants into flowering.

I have given up for now, pruning my rose bushes in preparation against the winter wind and rain as they, along with campanula, chrysanthemums and autumn raspberries, just keep flowering.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.