Thursday 16 February 2012

Sarah Raven Part II

It is a shame it will be cloudy today (even if the cloud cover is light). First thing the sun was out and it felt so good to feel its warmth on my back as I hung out the first batch of washing. I've decided before we go off for our walk to also get a second batch out as it looks like the weather is not so good for the next few days.

We will be doing a seaside walk today, hopefully Bonny will be with us. Haven't seen her for ages. We thought the 50% off vouchers had finished but E. has got another one for a different pub. I'll post the photographs tomorrow all being well.

The snow has finally gone from all but the places in deep shadow. It should all be gone after today I think. On Tuesday I went for a 4 mile walk around our village looking for places to scatter my flower seeds later in the year. Most of our fields have deep boundary ditches and although the grass is wild, there is alot of it, which might compete. However, I'll give it a go and try sowing where the grass cutters hopefully can't reach. If any make it, I'll post photographs.

Watched part II of Sarah Raven's programme last night – excellent!
It is so good that the RHS is now on board with their pollinator plant labels. Hopefully all garden centres will now use something similar. Also, well done Harrogate Parks Department. You may have slipped down from Gold to Silver Gilt but have decided to not only keep up the new style of biodiversity planting, but also to do more. Here is the link to her blog page http://www.sarahraven.com/beesbutterfliesblooms

Going to look through my seed catalogue this week. Although I have already had my vegetable seeds delivered, I will now look for annuals etc that the pollinators can enjoy.

Although a few of you have decided to have a go, if anyone else wants to join in, let me know and I'll set up a biodiversity page so everyone else can look at your blog to see how you are doing.


1 comment:

  1. The snow has slowly started to melt here too, and if the mild weather continues the snow will be gone in just a few days I think.

    Hope you had a lovely walk today :) And a nice browsing through the seed catalouges, which is always fun :) I would love to hear later about what vegetables and flowers you will be growing this year.

    And now my plant light has come up :-D

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.