Friday 25 May 2012

Houghton Hall Horse Trials

As it was another nice day we headed off to Houghton Hall to see some of the horse trials. This meet has apparently been extended as Chatsworth, one of the qualifying meets for the Olympics, wasn't on due to the awful weather.

As we don't know much about this world, can't tell you who we saw but they were the 'lower echelon' as they only had 1* against their category. 2* and 3* are on at the weekend which we wanted to avoid as we knew it would be more busy.

Here are some of the horse pictures I took on my little camera. Tomorrow I will post scenery ones.








These are the ones taken by OH on his posher camera!






And... although not the best of pictures, it does prove that horses have NO feet on the ground when they gallop!!

 
We walked around almost the whole course which took us about 2 hours - so quite a long way.

6 comments:

  1. Great photos. I used to love watching equestrian events on television when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, remember the show jumper Harvey Smith? or are you too young

      Delete
  2. What fantastic pictures! Really makes me wish I'd gone as I'm in Norfolk too!
    Paula x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Welcome to my blog. Its on all weekend!

      Delete
  3. Oh I love that your photos have given us such an insight into this sport. Thankyou. Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos. I remember Harvey Smith and David Broome (who was my favourite). He seemed like such a gentleman. I used to love going horse riding as a teenager.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.