Part of the instructions for lining the tin is missing but it should say cut a circle of parchment or silicon to cover the bottom then very lightly oil the sides and the top of said paper/silicon parchment.
The first time we made this was several years ago. We didn't bother making it 'upside down' and then tipping it out. It came out fine but this time, we decided to give it a go as per her instructions.
It is not over cheap to make and should be cut into 10 slices. We have decided to do it in 12 slices and freeze them in two's: This made each slice 55p - not too bad when viewed this way. We now have two lots of torte in the freezer. We allow ourselves one each per week and have 12 weeks worth!
Anyway, here are some photographs of it being created:
Chocolate, booze and liquid glucose being left to melt.
Some of the slightly whipped cream being stirred into the chocolate to loosen it.
Then it was all tipped into the rest of the cream.
Carefully spooning it onto the biscuit base.
She said to bang it to flatten but we found it wouldn't move so used a silicon paddle spoon to do so. It was covered with cling film and put into the fridge overnight.
Then carefully, the sides of the tin were removed and it was tipped out.
As you can see, the biscuits are now on the top. It was carefully sliced, wrapped and frozen for future use. We had our first piece yesterday and quite frankly, as lovely a texture as it is, it is way too sweet for our taste.
We won't make it again and will say so on the recipe in case we forget in the future!