Thursday 29 November 2012

Soup, cookies and other things

Welcome to my new follower Rowena, glad to have you reading.

I spent the whole morning in the kitchen, baking and keeping warm.

First in the oven was the vegetables, roasted to make into soup for 2 days.

The oven was turned down from 200C to 180C and was used to bake a test 1/4 batch of cookies, the recipe for which I believe I got from Rhonda over at the Down to Earth blog but I can't find it now. We didn't have anything to put on tops so I stirred in some dried cranberries and desiccated coconut (mainly because I had melted the butter in the microwave instead of softening it). They are soft when they come out of the oven but soon turn crisp. Anyway, the 1/4 mix made us 30 cookies, so not to bad and they taste lovely.

When the last tray of those came out the oven, it was turned down to 150C to make a 1/2 batch of granola, before being turned off and the residual heat used to dry the tea-towel!

DB whizzed up the vegetables with a can of tomatoes and a couple of stock cubes, some milk and a little soya. We had a bowl each for lunch with a slice of home made bread. Delicious.

Early afternoon saw me knitting and DB getting some new family history information onto the computer. Eventually, we were both too cold so had to light the fire at 3.30pm. The temperature here all day has been 3C so we did well to wait that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.