Thursday 13 December 2012

Escaping animals...

Mid afternoon yesterday I felt slightly unwell and had a 'tiger' in my stomach and guts that was fighting to get out. It succeeded in exiting at high speed about 30 minutes later, 1/2 an hour before we were due to go out to a quiz. I was really worried I wouldn't make it and even if I did, was not sure if I would be able to stay in the room for the whole quiz.

I was fine until the half way break when another quick dash was needed, and the tiger's mate was also delivered at high speed. Managed to get to the end of the quiz, then we came home and I was tucked up in bed shortly after that.

Didn't have a good night as I felt sick but didn't bring anything up thank goodness. This morning has found me slightly off colour but okay. My stomach area though is tender and I keep burping so something is not quite well in there. We are due out for our 'school' Christmas meal tonight – hopefully.

It was -5/6 here this morning, with a heavy frost in the village and a hoar frost in the surrounding countryside. Had to do a food shopping top up where the car temperature (in the sun) went up to 8. As we drove home however, it promptly dropped and was 1 Celsius as home.

Going to have some light soup for lunch and hope it progresses normally!

See you on the other side.

14 comments:

  1. O dear..i do hope you ok..my husband has had this bug thing too..not nice..had to have 3 days off work which is not like him at all....
    It was -5 here this morning and -3 at 10 o clock..chickens have gone on strike and no eggs..pond is looking good for a quick skate(joking)..and everywhere is white..lovely but cold..
    feel better soon.
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better really soon. There are some nasty bugs out there doing the rounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. Hopefully it is nothing too outrageous I've got, don't fancy being really ill at the moment. The soup was tinned as didn't feel up to making any. It was absolutely horrible, Sainbury's Chicken and Vegetable - ugh. Even DB swallowed it with a grimace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you're not feeling well and hope you have a speedy recovery. I think bed is sometimes the best place to be especially with a nice cosy hot water bottle.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I am a fellow Norfolkian, found your blog via Frugal Queen :D
    Enjoying reading back through your posts and having a thing about what food we can grow in our garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon - could it be something you ate or did you and DB have the same when you ate out after your walk? The inside of the windscreen had ice/frost on it when I left Mum's at around 4pm today. I thought it was just misted up and wiped it , only to smear icy residue all over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We think it might have been something I ate as it came on only a couple of hours after eating. Yes, the temperature certainly plummeted last night didn't it.

      Delete
  7. I hope you feel better soon - nothing worse than at a busy and social time of the year to be unwell. Take care :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, I had that a few weeks ago. Not nice. I was 'off it' for a good week,hope your recovery is much quicker.
    We've got a very heavy frost and fog today.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, okay now and well on the mend.

      Delete
  9. Ha, been there all week, know how you've been feeling! Then to top it i got this flaming head cold and bronchitis. ope you make a speedy and full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have the same chest virus at E, I too hope you get well.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.