Sunday 23 December 2012

Walking at the sea....


We all went off to the beach this morning to introduce M. to the sea. Both dogs enjoyed playing in the sea and having a swim whenever they came to deep water inlets. It was M.'s first swim and she did well.


Although it had stopped raining, the temperature was 9 Celsius but it was blowing a gale, at times being difficult to keep on our feet.

We went off for a bacon/sausage butty (or various combinations of one), then came home. Both dogs were hosed off and put into the conservatory to dry off and have a sleep. S. carried on sleeping even when she came back into the house.

Yesterday saw the icing of the cake. I normally don't bother with either marzipan or icing but fancied a change this year. I decided to make royal icing (which I haven't done since school) and despite having to make some of my own icing sugar (a little gritty but okay), all went well.

I took a tip from tv about placing little sheets of non stick paper under the cake before icing and that worked really well at keeping the icing from going everywhere.



It just needs to dry off a bit more before I put the decorations on. I made S. a carrot cake and iced it with cream cheese and mandarin as she doesn't like Christmas cake.

Finally, I would like to wish all my family, friends and followers, a Happy Christmas. M. would like to help with this...

Just a few coins sir, just a few coins!

12 comments:

  1. Spaniels so love the water. Luckily Alfie cannot get off the boat without help or I think he would be in every time the tide came in!!! I hope you have a lovely Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mam always did snow scenes on the top of her Christmas cakes. Love your dogs.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my grand-dogs, only come here occasionally, we normally go to their house! Have a good Christmas Gill.

      Delete
  3. Happy Christmas from my home to yours. Email in progress. Much love. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you all, Take care, much more love!xx

      Delete
  4. Ha ha, my jack Russell gets on the window sill and looks like a little bride under the nets. Merry christmas.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a Happy Christmas from our house to your house.
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cake's looking good DC, you can't beat a good Royal iced cake on top of marzipan. Enjoy your Christmas and see you soon.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas wishes from me to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute!
    Wishing you and your loved ones a very Happy Christmas.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.