With rain forecast for later in the week, today had to be a gardening day and the annual, sometimes bi-annual task we hate. Painting the fence panels. We have around 18 in the back garden and 9 or so down the drive.
We started on the 10 that line the back left between us and our neighbour and managed to complete 5 before lunch. They are his but he doesn't paint them and we only paint our side. 5 as it turns out, is quite enough for one day. DB rollers them and I fill in any gaps, of which there are quite a few even though he is using a radiator roller.
As we both had chiropractic treatment yesterday, we probably shouldn't be doing it and my back is aching like mad so we have stopped. DB also gave a first coat to the tops of the raised beds as they are in a bit of a state and it may help keep out the rain a little more. The two long trays of pine cones are back outside again, drying off a bit more, almost fully open now so they will be ready to use soon.
Here is a before and after shot to give you some idea of how green they can get despite being west facing. The last two show the panels from either end.