Firstly, welcome to my new followers Home and Garden, Shelly and Kim O'Sullivan.
Our iron has finally given up the ghost. Its thermometer has been messing about for ages, resulting in flooding over the clothes at no notice or else, it would just stop steaming. We have had it for many years. DB is capable of mending it but it would have cost more than buying a new one. Shocking really but as its ironing plate was also scratched, starting to stick and getting troublesome, it had to go.
Never to be outdone if at all possible, DB took it apart. Look what was inside, presumably it works its way in there whilst ironing!
Unfortunately, the compost was drying out too quickly and every time I watered, the water mostly ran away down the sides where it had shrunk away. I managed to keep them going for quite a while, but in the end, their tops died down prematurely.
Not expecting many, we checked the pot and got enough for 2 meals, cooked all at once.
I sieved the old potato compost, added new to it and managed to 3/4 fill two other containers. In one I planted red beetroot, in the other, the rest of my mange-tout. Not to have peas but take cuttings of pea shoots for salad and stir fries. Hope they both produce!