Wednesday 9 April 2014

Next stage of quilting...

Having found that for some unfathomable reason, my square of quilting was too small, I adapted it to fit the pillow I use for my back on the settee.

Another disappearing nine patch was created but instead of sewing the 4 squares back together, I only used 2 and added them to the original square to form an oblong.
Still a little bit too short on all sides. Next I added a small border, making sure I cut the strips and joined them back together to make it resemble quilting.
This is where I made my second mistake. The last side was sewn on the wrong way so its seam was showing on the front. Ah well, only 2 mistakes so far, not too bad!

Then I made a short flap to edge the front part of the pillowcase.




12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. Hope to put the back on it tomorrow then start using it. Your tutorials have been very helpful.

      Delete
  2. that is beautiful, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hope to finish it tomorrow, will post a final photograph when I do.

      Delete
  3. It's coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have chosen some lovely fabrics, it looks really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I didn't want to start my front room cushion project until I had enough material.

      Delete
  5. Thats so pretty, love your choice of fabrics. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I waited until having enough of the colours I wanted before starting.

      Delete
  6. That's really lovely! Have you been bitten by the quilting bug yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, been bitten but shall go slowly. My aim eventually is to do a bed-size quilt (still no wadding though, backed by a sheet is what I am thinking.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.