Saturday afternoon, bolstered by the oxtail soup, saw us both in the garden. DB took most of the afternoon working at the back of the garage. He emptied two water butts into spare containers, disconnected, sorted out and reconnected.
I decided to take the strawberries out of their long troughs and move them into one of my vegetable beds. They looked like they were struggling in the troughs and although I didn't really want to lose one of the vegetable beds, had no choice. The troughs will be utilized for quick vegetables.
Each trough was carried by us both and tipped onto a spare bed. Using a sharp carving knife, I cut the soil into chunks so as not to disturb the plants too much as most are in flower. They vary in age so were put into lines to keep each age group together. They should be able to stay in this bed for 2 years before the older ones are discarded and the whole lot moved to a new bed as part of my crop rotation.
One trough done:
On Sunday, I finally got around to sowing my French and Runner beans - a bit behind but they can't go out for another few weeks anyway as flowers are in their bed! Also did a few other odds and sods, put in a new rose near the front water butt and DB continued with the mammoth water butt job around the back of the garage.