Thursday 29 May 2014

In the kitchen

My kitchen smelled fantastic yesterday. I had been in there all morning, making and baking.

First off was some bread. Feeling a little lazy and needing to go out to the Open Studio's in West Norfolk, (where I met the lovely Lynne from Textile Treasury) I decided to let it rise only once:
Whilst that was rising, I cut up and roasted a grill-tray full of vegetables - crinkly and some past that stage! Some of the vegetables were kept to one side:
to make a variation on a roast vegetable pasta for tea, with a recipe courtesy of DS and FDiL:
We used just 6oz of pasta between us instead of 10oz, a sprinkling of cheese rather than the 3oz and half the Crème fraîche and mustard. It was yummy so thanks guys!

The rest of it was turned into vegetable and chickpea soup, some of which we had for lunch, with crumpets and a another small sprinkling of cheese (Red Leicester and Parmesan combined):



10 comments:

  1. Lovely to meet you "in the flesh" Dc! It was a quiet afternoon but I met another blogger too so it was quite a pleasant way to spend a few hours.

    You put me to shame - I haven't baked bread for months - probably because we are trying to cut down on wheat and we do like home baked bread! But the soup is great - we love our soup and can always find something to throw in - Cream of Fridge is the family favourite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too. I'm not surprised you can't find the time to bake with everything that is going on in your life at the moment. We have been there twice, it does get better! Cream of Fridge, I like that expression. Didn't think I would still be making soup this time of year though. Weather today grey and drizzly, trying to put out some plants in-between the showers.

      Delete
  2. That does look good - making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad for wrinkly scraps. We finished it today.

      Delete
  3. I just fancy some veggie soup on this miserable, cold and damp day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the weather is getting better tomorrow onwards although am not sure what the weather people are on about for Sunday yet!

      Delete
  4. Yep tis definitely a soup kind of day. And that one looks delish! Particularly with crumpets. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bread and roast veg look delicious.Great idea to mix it with pasta too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's nothing better than a kitchen exuding the smell of baking and cooking. All your recipes look delicious xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true and thank you, I'm always willing to try new things.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.