Saturday 7 June 2014

In the garden...

Well done Andy Murray. As Jim Courier said, "with Rafa playing like this, there is no-one in the world to touch him". Looking forward to watching you at Queen's and then Wimbledon.

Welcome to Toni Kennedy via Bloglovin.

As it was such a lovely morning yesterday (after the cold start), I stood just inside the bedroom patio door to take a photograph of the back garden (as usual, forgot to take down the clothes line and props!).

Looking to the left and showing all 4 raised vegetable beds and the front fruit arch:
Then to the right, stopping just short of the garage door and the back fruit arch:
You can't see the patio from this angle but it runs the full length of the back of our house to about 6' deep. It has old greenhouse staging on it which usually houses some form of plants, plus new to me this year, a Cucamelon growing up the wall.

We have a fence very close to our kitchen windows, but one of our two alpine beds, sits just outside the window to on the left and is currently in full bloom:
It really lifts us when we do the washing up:)

War Diary Year IV has been updated. Have a great weekend everyone.

12 comments:

  1. I need to plant myself a view, the kitchen looks onto the decking so I may have to move all the junk that's stored on it. Your view is lovely and puts me to shame x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Down the left hand side of the house wall, is a gravel path and our log stores, plus the fence. It is all barely 4' wide so no room to do much regarding plants.

      Delete
  2. The garden is looking beautiful!
    I'm looking forward to watching tennis on grass too,and to seeing Andy Murray walk out on Centre Court as reigning champion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny but when Wimbledon is on, I am glued to the TV and everything comes to a halt. I enjoy the thrills and nail biting suspense the players give us and will watch earnestly at the highs and lows of the tournament which I look forward to tremendously. Although I love tennis, for some reason I don't watch many other tournaments. Lovely pictures of your garden. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not having Sky, we normally only watch some of Wimbledon and Queen's. ITV though has just signed a 4 year contract for The French Open so that is one more we can look at. I have to admit though to being an Andy fan so generally watch his matches and some of the veteran ones which always make us laugh.

      Delete
  4. Your garden is really lovely, I like the raised vegetable beds, that is my dream to have a garden big enough again one day to grow a few things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They are that high to save my back. Can't grow too much but am usually (in not too wet a year) self sufficient in salad things plus a few other vegetables and fruit to save on the weekly bill.

      Delete
  5. Your garden is wonderful. I like the very raised beds, what a great idea. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They used to be normal very long L shaped raised beds, then we re-jigged them to save my back and knees.

      Delete
  6. Your garden looks beautiful in the sunshine, I hope it's very productive for you this year :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.