Tuesday 1 July 2014

Rain, rain, go away (for now at least)


We have had several days of heavy rain showers since Friday. I really hope that the aspirin treatment for blight, will be successful on the tomatoes. I was going to do it every 10 days but due to the weather being cool and often wet, have brought it down to every 7. If we ever get any summer (I know, in a few weeks time it will be burning hot), I hope some tomatoes actually grow and survive!

There were lots of reasonably local gardens having Open Gardens last weekend. They must have been really upset. Yes, you can dress appropriately and traipse around, but it doesn't really cheer you up (as it usually does), or help their gardens, having their lawns squashed.

It was so miserable on Sunday morning, soup was made for lunch. I mean, hot soup in flaming June:(

What a difference today, The sun has finally made an appearance, I'm hoping my hydrangea will find the energy to stand tall again, after its battering in the rain:





6 comments:

  1. How strange that down in Essex, we had some rain at the weekend but none since. So close yet completely different weather. Your hydrangeas are really pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am a lot closer to you than Essex and we seem to have had more sunshine and a bit less rain than you, Dc! Yes, a shame for Open Gardens, our garden has had plenty of rain but despite that there seems to be no damage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a friend who lives in your vicinity and her weather is also different to ours. Strange isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Hello! I just wanted to let you know that I listed you as one of my favourite new blogs on a Liebster award nomination post! wp.me/p4FBvl-5o :) Passing on the love! Really enjoy your blog!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you. Unfortunately I did this when I first started and am now an award free blog:)

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.