Monday 15 December 2014

Welcome and puddings...

First of all, welcome to Helen Roasty via Bloglovin.

We spent yesterday afternoon putting up the tree plus a few other decorations. There was a time when DS was small, that almost every room was decorated including his bedroom, bathroom and the kitchen! Unfortunately, the photographs are all blurred so I shall take some more today and put them on tomorrow.

Once that was done, I made us some bread and butter pudding for desert after tea and one for the freezer. The one in the tin is for us over two nights, the bottom one in the glass bowl has gone into the freezer for visitors. I made sure I didn't over brown it so it could be heated in the oven when they come:


Normally, I make this with milk and eggs but as I bought two x 1 pint cartons of double cream for ice cream, instead of two x 1/2 pint cartons, we had a whole pint of cream to use up before it went out of date.

It was very nice and rich but wouldn't want to eat it that rich all the time. I have just updated our menu tab so that should be available for viewing very shortly.

10 comments:

  1. One of our favourites, bread and butter pudding. I have never froze one before, so next time I might make some extra ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally you thaw overnight then microwave but I hope to finish this one off in the oven.

      Delete
  2. Oooooo you have reminded me how much I love bread and butter pudding. Must make one.
    Twiggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only have one pudding a week so everyone we eat seems to be our favourite.

      Delete
  3. Bread and butter pudding. I'm dribbling here. My favourite pudding in the whole world X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rather nice isn't it, soft and squidgy, crunchy, all at the same time.

      Delete
  4. Try spreading a little marmalade on the bread and butter before baking. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our visitors don't like marmalade but we do!

      Delete
  5. Bread and butter pudding is one of my very favourites, and when made with cream is a dish fit for high dining, I always think. This one looks fab, lovely and light and risen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours in the tin also had mango purée in it as well. They are like soufflé really, nice and light when they come out before sinking down as they cool!

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.