Monday 18 April 2016

I am temporarily ....

Tennised out! Yes, I know that is not a 'proper' word but it describes how I feel.

The last week has been full of highs and lows regarding the lovely game. Andy started off in a slumped state of affairs before getting himself together towards the end of the week even if he slumped again in the semi-final. Both he and Dom played well in doubles tennis.

Jamie and Bruno did well in the doubles and at one stage, I thought they might win, before they too, slumped to a sliding halt.

Never mind, for at least another week, they both hold onto their respective number 1 and 2 slots.

I don't know about you, but I am so pleased not to be famous or married to someone who is. I can't imagine how hard it is to live a life full of media invasion.

Andy had a lovely response written here, about the criticisms aimed at him, on whether or not, parenthood is having a detrimental effect on his tennis. Gee guys, give them both a break and let them experience and enjoy the overwhelming awe and wonder of being first time parents! I am also glad they are, for now, chosing to keep Sophia out of the spotlight, despite people also moaning about that!

I concur with what he says but as you are all aware, social media has a lot of negativity spouted from 'trolls' who haven't got anything better to say and who, in similar circumstances, would like the world to think that becoming a parent would overnight, miraculously change them into Djokovic.

I was pleased for Rafa to win, as it shows he is at last, coming back into full fitness which again, defeats the shouts of the trolls that he was finished.

Today started off sunny with a blue sky but that rapidly changed into light grey clouds and a chilly wind - again. The washing is out on the line though and hopefully, it will get mostly dry to be finished off inside later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.