Thursday 21 April 2016

It isn't often ...

I buy a cook book nowadays unless I know I will use it quite a lot. This was greatly reduced on Amazon and had excellent reviews so I bought it:
There are loads of recipes and techniques for me to try such as sourdough breads, puff pastry, crackers, many other bakes as well as recipes for most meals of the day.

The front part goes into good detail about various flours, how they work, their different weights and what each grain has in it regarding vitamins and minerals.


7 comments:

  1. ooo I expect we'll be seeing some tasty GF recipes in the near future then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, certainly some trials and links to recipes where possible.

      Delete
  2. That does look like a good book. I'm sure you'll get plenty of use out of it. I'm looking at seriously reducing my intake of gluten following a couple of uncomfortable nights with stomach cramps after eating pasta. I don't think it could just be coincidence. I'll be taking a good look at your recipes. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't hurt to try, even reducing gluten a little may help. GF pasta would be a good start as it is very light.

      Delete
  3. Ah yes, I bought the same book on the same offer a couple of weeks ago. It is fascinating. I will look forward to hearing your recipe success! Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this book too, and need to start trying out som elf the recipes. I hope you will blog about the ones you attempt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly will and I hope to do so very soon.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.