Tuesday 26 April 2016

We have bubbles...

Welcome to Barbra Rogers and Sophie via Bloglovin.

One of lifes joys for us is sourdough bread. Although we have often had difficulty getting the recipe started, we have usually persevered and achieved a modicum of success.

Obviously creating a GF version is a little more difficult but we started 4 days ago and here it is on Day 2:
Yes, we have bubbles! I had to stick a small branch of grapes into it to get it to start but it has started.  Hopefully we shall continue along the right path and be able to get a loaf of bread at the end of it:) If not, we shall bake with it and see what it is like!

7 comments:

  1. I loved my sour dough last year but it dies in the fridge. I had many loaves from it though. maybe I should have named it, it might have made me look after it better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently this is stored in the fridge but must still be fed once a week else it starves.

      Delete
  2. I don't think I've ever eaten sourdough bread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if we will this time as it seems to have stopped bubbling again:( It is a lovely taste, we got used to eating it in Germany where a lot of their everyday bread had this taste.

      Delete
  3. Try adding potato flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to seeing the outcome. Do you have to get a sour dough sitter if you go away!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.