Friday 30 September 2016

Flapjacks

Although I love baking GF items, flapjacks are one of those things (which are GF) that I invariably forget to bake - have no idea why.

With that in mind, I set to baking a batch. There are many recipes around so take your pick but I use a basic version of 8oz jumbo oats, 6oz butter or margerine and 3 tablespoons golden syrup. After that, I add things to it.

On this occasion I added a handful of  sunflower seeds, 2 grated balls of ginger plus a tablespoon of their juice and 1/2 a packet of plain chocolate drops, from the freezer and stirred in just before baking.

I baked them in an oblong at 160C for 35 minutes, cut them into 18 squares and allowed them to go cold in the tin. I usually sit my tin on the draining board which helps them go cold a little quicker.

Another time, I shall add about 10 washed and diced glace cherries and 6 - 8 diced dried apricots.

I often add a handful of linseeds, either whole or ground down, but forgot this time. Herewith said flapjacks:


This is my liast post for this week, so have a great weekend everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Amused by this. A friend made delicious gf flapjacks for us the other day. I emailed her THIS MORNING to ask for the recipe and it's almost identical to yours. She said it's basically from the old Be-Bo cookbook and she added ginger and pecan nuts to it.
    Like you I tend to forget what a useful offering they are for when friends come or to fill a tin for the week.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this recipe is from the bero cookbook.

      Delete
  2. They certainly sound good. Gave a good weekend yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love flap jack and must make some this week. What does gf stand for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to make flapjacks quite a lot and then just "forgot" about them, same as you... Now you've inspired me to make them again :-) though I will probably use honey instead of golden syrup, I just prefer the taste.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.