Wednesday 19 October 2016

Chutney and Marmalade

This year seems to have run away with us. I think it might be due to the summer well and truly spilling far into autumn. Barely a preserve/jam has been thought about let alone made:(

My neighbour has been away and asked us to pick as many of his tomatoes as we wished, which we did, and I made chutney with them, more about that another day.

Today though, I decided to make plum and date chutney, the recipe for which is not freely available on the internet though there are similar ones available. As such, I prefer not to  print it due to possible copyright issues.

I only had enough for half the recipe:
I also made some whisky marmalade (the two on the left) and some orange and ginger marmalade (the three on the right):

5 comments:

  1. Love the sound of plum and date chutney something I have never tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whisky marmelade, now that's something my other half would love as he's obsessed with whisky! How do you make it and what whisky do you use? I'd really love to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just make marmalade, often using a can of Mamade, then when filling the warm jars, I stop halfway, add 2 tablespoons of good whisky, then finish topping up with the hot marmalade.

      Delete
  3. In my case my canning took a nose dive this year due to the flooding of the basement, and the garden being a disaster. I am hoping next year is better.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mamade is so useful, I must try the adding whisky next time, somehow I think it could go down well with my husband and sons. I love filling up the pantry shelves with homemade preserves of one kind or another, satisfies some of my squirrel instincts which come to the fore during autumn.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.