We sent for some rope seal, from a different place to normal, to replace the old rope in the door of the woodburner. We have waited all through summer to do this job as you need to be able to light the woodburner to set the seal.
We made sure we ordered the correct version, and DB set about putting in the glue then the rope. It looked a little proud, which it usually does, so we thought nothing of it. The fire was laid and set alight then we tried to close the door - and couldn't.
Maybe it was brain freeze that stopped us thinking to check the door would shut before lighting but we have never had to do it, it has always closed:(
The first lighting of the woodburner always produces a smell, so we had planned on going out once it had calmed down, for a quick walk. Obviously no doing.
Trying to hold the door as closed as possible to stop the smoke coming out, was an interesting task. Luckily only a very small test fire had been lit and within 20 minutes, it was dying out. Phew!
Now to get some more rope from our usual place.