Monday 28 November 2016

Grand Emptying of the Winter Box

Last year, at the beginning of December, I decided to begin a winter food box for 2016/2017. My plan was to add 1 item every week, preferably under £1 (the odd item over that amount has crept in but was balanced by other items for 19p etc).

This is what has ended up in said box:
Below is a screen shot so is a little blurred. The numbers on the left of each column, are the weekly dates. The items in red are extra, I obviously got a little over excited. The 7 extra items will begin my box for next winter, though not necessarily those in red:
It was as exciting to empty this box as any other Christmas present. All in all, apart from a little too much fruit, we both think it is well balanced. Herewith a picture of them all on my Welsh dresser, waiting to be put away:

I recently gave a large box of requested items to our local Food Bank. If you go on the Trussell web site here, and put in your post code, then work your way to your local bank and keep clicking, it informs you exactly what your bank needs for that week as sometimes, they get inundated with beans!

9 comments:

  1. You seem to have gotten a well rounded winter food box.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried hard to do that, not bad really.

      Delete
  2. Well worth doing.

    Joan (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Useful box that will come in handy for very little effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a brilliant idea! I may have to borrow it for myself. I like to empty the freezers and cupboards leading into Summer and fill them all up again leading into Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your food shown on the dresser reminds me of a little corner shop that I used to go in when I was first married. The shop staff were lovely...such happy memories :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Similar to our post office when we first came here, you got served!

      Delete
  6. Brilliant, your plan worked out really well. It's like having a hamper full of goodies all of your own choosing :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.