Wednesday 9 November 2016

Parsnip and Blue Shropshire Cheese Flan

I have had this recipe for a number of years. It may have come from a Christmas food magazine but I'm not sure. I used GF flour for the pastry:

I only used 1 teaspoon garam masala on the parsnips, normal instead of blue cheese (which we don't like) and cooked smoked bacon lardons instead of pancetta. Herewith said flan, sitting alongside our weekly loaf of GF bread:
I had just enough pastry leftover to make six GF mince pies!

4 comments:

  1. I made my first batch of mince pies this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I daren't make mince pies yet once i start I can't stop😢

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAven't made mince pies for years, nor Xmas puddings and can't remember the last Xmas cake I made - I buy good quality mince pies as we seldom eat them, just nice to have one or two in the house to offer visitors. Each year we find we are doing less, buying less, not deliberately, we just don;t seem to feel the need, especially as the boys are grown up and don't live near us. Perhaps it's old age! (smiley face!) Lovely to be reading blog posts again, Dc! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear from you! We don't do too much if it is a year we are by ourselves, like you, can't always be bothered. I think it probably might be an age thing to be honest and each year it just blends into normal days.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.