Monday 5 December 2016

Postal presents finished

I have been working for a while now on getting my postal Christmas presents finished and ready to post. Obviously I can't divulge at the moment what they are!

Criteria is homemade, re-using where possible and able to fit into an envelope to use 'large' posting stamps. That last bit will make more sense to UK readers. This weekend, I finished the last ones and they have been posted today.

I still have one or two of the same things to make for myself and family that will be with us in the New Year, but they should be finished this week at the latest. Onwards and upwards!

5 comments:

  1. It really does take the pressure off to be so organised and get all these off and into the hands of the Royal Mail doesn't it. None of that rushing around spending far too much money because things haven't been planned for .... not that there is any way I think you would succumb to that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do buy in presents as well but that has been saved for throughout the year

      Delete
  2. You are so organised!!
    I have just tried using your method to make sausage rolls but I used JusRol puff pastry. Like your comment about Genius puff pastry I would not describe it as"puff" but it's ok and handled reasonably well. It was pre rolled and therefore there was a lot of waste which I rerolled.
    The idea of using sausages rather than sausage meat is brilliant, a far less messy procedure and one I wish I'd come across earlier as GF sausage meat is none existent here.
    Once again thank you for creating GF food and sharing it. I have to say your rolls look far daintiest than mine! Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I always cut my sausage rolls in 1" pieces using sharp kitchen scissors.

      Delete
  3. My are wrapped and parcelled up, but I don't have brown paper so will have to wait a few days before mailing the box off. We are in the midst of a good old fashioned winter storm and I am not going anywhere.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.