Friday 17 March 2017

Shopping and other things ...

We have done our weekly shop and returned home by 09.20am. Lidl first where I spent just under £15, then onto Morrison's for another £11. Forgot potatoes so called in as Asda on the way home £1.25. Whilst there, we were given a free packet of dried mango to try. I like free things. We are eating a little more from the freezer and cupboards for this last week of our monthly shop, as the food budget was a little low. Yet last month, I had £20 leftover!

I shall make some bacon, potato and vegetable soup for lunch today and tomorrow. We will probably have soup in some form for lunches every day for the rest of the week.

The tomatoes I sowed a few days ago have now sprouted, just waiting for the peppers which I think take a little longer. No sign of the outdoor vegetables yet, still a little chilly I think.

Keeping our fingers crossed that Jamie and Bruno play well tonight to get into the Indian Wells final.

I am still crocheting more squares to make a winter blanket for DB for later this year. Still need to do another 30 or so, then I have to edge them, then join together etc. Still, it should keep me entertained for a few months.

Have a lovely weekend folks.


6 comments:

  1. Harumph - never seem to get handed anything free in a supermarket!
    We are now halfway between a Lidl in Stowmarket and the Aldi that was near us in Ipswich so I may have to go and investigate. Son and DIL do all their shopping at Lidl now and save a fortune

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Generally they are both cheaper but we prefer Lidl. Mind you, I can get fruit and vegetables a little cheaper in the market area but don't always feel like the walk!

      Delete
  2. We have just had two Lidls open near us and I am soooo happy! I much prefer Lidl to Aldi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too although we used to go to Aldi as it opened first. I find the layout at Aldi almost chaotic.

      Delete
  3. I went to Aldi yesterday to buy a few basic items, 3 out of 4 of which had increased in price since I last bought them 2 weeks ago. Both of the Lidls are out of the way here so need a special trip. Have their prices increased?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't always notice small changes but I would say they have, certainly on fruit.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.