Thursday 13 April 2017

Sweets...

We decided to shop a day early to avoid Good Friday. In front of us at the checkout in Lidl, was a youngish lady. Her part of the conveyor belt was covered in various assortments of sweets. Her bill came to £51.44. I can only hope she was buying for a school egg hunt but as most of them were not eggs, maybe not.

The mind boggles!

Our bill came to just over £18 with another £13 being spent elsewhere. A quarter of the latter bill was for a large pork pie, an occasional treat.

6 comments:

  1. Big family with very sweet tooth I presume? (who spend a lot of time at the dentist!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy a lot of candy for my 93 year old mother sometimes...she lives in a nursing facility and I leave the bags there in a large plastic container...putting a few in her candy drawer daily...she is not diabetic...she loves sour candy, caramels, black licorice, chocolate...she will also share with her friends...you just never know what the person in front of you is buying things for...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true but £51 of cheap crap candy is different to good quality candy. I was simply curious.

      Delete
  3. Wedding favours? Sweets seem to be fashionable at the moment, perhaps she was organising a thrifty wedding xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they were the right kind of sweets.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.