Tuesday 22 August 2017

Choosing wool...

I stood in front of the gynormous array of wool in the shop, holding up my crochet squares to see which colour to choose. Black was just too much a contrast, so in the end, I went for Emperor Purple:
It isn't quite as dark as shown here and compliments the other colours well. Methinks my jerkin may look quite nice and bright when finished. Time will tell.

Yesterday I eventually gave up, for the second time, on a square. Every time I got back to the beginning, it was obvious, something had gone wrong on the first treble. Pulled out several times, redone several times, still wrong, in the bin as it became baggy!

8 comments:

  1. Sigh.....sigh again. I just wish I could crochet. It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your perseverance! The colours look lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to look lovely. It will brighten up the dreary days of fall and winter. Good work.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have 6 different patterns in those colours.

      Delete
  4. Love the colours.. your jerkin is going to look fab.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.