Monday 13 November 2017

Make it up pudding - GF as it turned out!

We both enjoy pumpkin pie and in my winter box from last year, was a can of cooked pumpkin (I had mistakenly thought it was pumpkin pie filling). I didn't want to use pastry so had a rummage around in the fridge to see what I could use to make up a pudding as I didn't have everything I needed.

The can was emptied into a bowl, (or 1lb cooked pumpkin) and 1/2 tsp each of cinnamon, ginger and mixed spice added to the bowl. Then about a 1/3rd of a tub of mascapone cream cheese was added along with 2oz of dark brown sugar. After testing for sweetness, this was fine for us, but you could add another 1oz if you wish.

Two beaten eggs were blended in and the mixture poured into a greased dish:
 and it was baked for 35 - 40 minutes at 190C until it was just set:
We had a 1/4 each with some stewed plums and really enjoyed it. Yes it lacked the zest and juice of an orange and lemon as per the original recipe but was very nice as it was.

I also reckon that if you slowly cooked the pumpkin puree with the sugar and spices, left out the eggs and then when cold, layered it with whipped cream into glasses, it would also be lovely.

3 comments:

  1. I could eat that right now - sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a pumpkin pie, just yesterday, with homegrown pumpkin. (Not mine.) I had just a bit extra so it went into a ramekin for a tasty custard dessert. Very similar to yours. Like minds and all that...
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.