Friday 15 December 2017

Topping Up!

After re-jigging our menu's to keep the weekly costs down (and still eating healthily), I had money leftover to spend. Yesterday was that day and off we went to a budget supermarket and a normal one. I noticed as we walked, in that the food bank donation box was overflowing, with many things sitting on the floor beside it. I emailled them once we got home to let them know.

If you go on your local foodbank website (or The Trussell Trust one), they let you know what they are short off, so shopping can be tailored to their needs.

By the time we had dealt with that and our own needs, we arrived home and once again, after being short for ages, our long term pantry supplies are filled up.

Then we had to do our weekly shopping and by the time that was all done, I was well and truly fed up, despite only having been out 1 1/2 hours. How people shop all day is a mystery to me!

Despite it pouring with rain here and forecast for the same on Sunday, I hope you have a grand weekend.






8 comments:

  1. Rain in Suffolk too, had to keep lights on in the kitchen to work there today.......I chose the wrong day to do a load of washing.
    Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are still catching up with washing, now drying indoors.

      Delete
  2. I love your new wintry photo to head the blog, it is simply stunning !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my work unfortunately but it is lovely.

      Delete
  3. I have the same feeling when I food shop and I only go at two-week intervals. Crowds do me in. Happy holidays to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am usually exhausted after going shopping. I am surprised I managed to last an hour and a half when I went shopping with my sister. This time of year, not only am I exhausted physically but mentally from all the crowds.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The older we get, the more crowds 'do us in'

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.