Friday 2 February 2018

Cheque received ...

You may remember in my post of 24th January, talking about giving DB some of my tax code as a marriage allowance. Exactly one week after filling in the forms online, no more than about 5 minutes, he received a backdated cheque yesterday, for £431 from HMRC.

That has gone into our savings. Now we just need to wait for his February and March pay days, for him to receive his backdated allocation for this current tax year. Hopefully that will happen just as quickly.

The weather forecast for the next 10 nights are in the minus figures, so guess winter is still here. It has certainly been wet, cold and very windy so far this winter.

We are almost halfway through our logs so hopefully, they will last. Next year, we shall order 2 cubic metres as our stores will probably be empty. If not, we shall have to find room for any spare ones somewhere else.

We shall enjoy the rest of the curried vegetable soup for lunch. Have a great weekend everyone!


9 comments:

  1. Good to know that some systems actually do work! Curried vegetable soup sounds just right for this cold, wet, day. Have a good weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice when the tax man gives rather than taking!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when a cheque arrives! Even better when they are for a back dated amount.
    For the bit of self-employed work I do at home, I'm paid monthly by cheque, if I submit an invoice for that particular month. I just wish my bank would adopt the new system for clearing - I ask every time but always the same old "we'll be doing it in the near future". (The system whereby it takes just a day to clear).

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great to hear that is was all sorted so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard the service was very good. I submitted my 2016-2017 online tax return on 7th April 2017 knowing I was due a tax rebate as I had retired and been heavily taxed. The tax rebate was in my bank account which is linked to my self assessment within 6 days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant, better in your account as soon as possible than in theirs.

    Have a great weekend. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gave my husband Some of my tax allowance when it started and he no longer pays any tax. Took five minutes to do

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely cheque to receive. We did it a couple of years ago. Any tax relief always welcome. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a welcome bonus for you both. X

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.