Wednesday 18 July 2018

Has anyone else noticed....

An increase in slow drivers?

Today for example, we got stuck behind a total of three. All were driving between 30mph and 40mph on main roads, with a 60mph limit. None were learner drivers, all were driving in a slightly odd manner.

One veered over the central line and braked on every corner. One sped up every hill only to put their brakes on at the top for no reason we could discern. The other did both of these then pulled into a small gap at the edge of the road without indicating.

Driving is certainly becoming a little more precarious nowadays. People on roundabouts fail to indicate or indicate incorrectly. People driving too fast/slow, in an erratic manner etc. Men and women, young and old, there seems to be no logic or reason for it, but it doesn’t make for a relaxing time.


7 comments:

  1. I've noticed on motorways and dual carriageways that very few go over the limit now and many more are content to drive at between 50n and 60. Not what you meant, I know, but it's something I've noticed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We’ve noticed it too. AND.... I’ve just heard that the Goverment expect an increase in traffic of 60% in the next 25 years. The only positive I can find is that before then I’ll be too old to drive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I followed someone home one evening from my daughter's in Ipswich. I was convinced he was drunk so stayed back. He veered all over the road etc. When I eventually overtook him I could see he had no windscreen wipers and everyone he attempted to clear his screen with his hand he lurched everywhere. Just as dangerous as drunk driving though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I have noticed that, too! At first I thought the price of petrol was something to do with it - but that doesn't account for the erratic driving. I am an experienced driver but my kids are not and it worries me stupid every time they get into the driving seat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in the U.S. and find the slow and weaving drivers have a cell phone attached to their ear. We are allowed to drive and talk but most shouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. H From a fellow blogger in north Norfolk where I too have noticed bad driving. Erratic, slower sometimes or speeding sometimes, and pulling out without looking. Its all putting us off driving at all these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone. Seems to be a growing problem in most places then!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.