Thursday 26 July 2018

It ain't pretty...

But it does the job!

Our bedrooms face south and we have a huge blind to keep the worst of the sun from them. That being said, the patio is in front of the bedrooms and although the blind keeps the sun off the windows, it only protects the patio for about 3' or so.

We can sit under the shade of our fruit trees but baby wasps are being a nuisance so decided to use the front of the blind and the washing line to creat extra shade:
I rumaged around in the garage and found a large piece of floppy weed membrane fabric and a piece of insect netting. Using pegs on the line and bottom part of the front of the blind, I created an extra 4' of shade for where we tend to sit. The difference is amazing.

DB is going to check our old sheets in the attic then I can exchange this arrangement for those. Another sheet will attach to the fruit cage and blind providing even more shade. It will cut down the amount of washing line, but for now, I’d rather be cool!

Happy days!


8 comments:

  1. What a good idea! I'm impressed. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. as long as it does the trick who cares what it looks like!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s fit for purpose and in my book that beats looks anytime. I made a flyscreen for the moho sliding door and it’s a bitvof net cutain and some very strong magnets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven’t been able to have our flyscreenup due to Ruby. I think that is why the house is hot.

      Delete
  4. After staying at our house in the US one summer, my English friend's finally realized why I have trees surrounding the house...for SHADE in the summer heat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have some natural shade but not much.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.