Monday 9 July 2012

Baking etc...

Welcome to my new follower Rae. Early this morning (after yet another sleepless night until 4am when I finally 'dropped off'), I decided to have a baking morning. First on the list was a hard core full fat gingerbread cake.


After that I made some pork and chicken pasties.


With the leftover pastry I made some wartime cookies. Check out my new Wartime Recipe page to see how I made them. Then a little crumble mix to sit on top of two individual gooseberry crumbles.


Yesterday, I tackled my yoghurt nemesis and decided to try making it slightly differently. This time I allowed the milk to boil, then left it to cool to the correct temperature before adding yoghurt and following the recipe as per usual. I also decided to trial this new way using whole milk and then semi skimmed.


9pm last night found me unravelling said jar from its towels and cool bag and hey, the whole fat milk version is solid. I could actually tip the jar on its side and it stayed put. We had some after lunch today with cinnamon and honey drizzled on top - lovely.


6 comments:

  1. My goodness you have been busy. Your baking looks wonderful and I'm wishing that this was a smellablog so I could get a whiff of that home baking! Still need to try making yoghurt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be nice, the gingerbread, if I say so myself, smells very good.

      Delete
  2. hello
    all your baking looks very good.you are very busy!! homemade yoghurt taste very good, I think it taste better and is cheaper as from the supermarket.
    have a nice evening and a better night
    love regina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Regina, I slept very well last night.

      Delete
  3. Mmmm everything looks lovely, I often make these "biscuits" although I call then Chorley cakes, which they resemble. Another interesting page to look at too.
    Mrs S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were very thin mind you, probably 1/2 cm when cooked. I hadn't thought about them being similar to Chorley Cakes, maybe the person who wrote in was from that area.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.