Tuesday 15 January 2013

Snow and grand-dogs...

Didn't think we were going to get that much snow as by 4 pm there were only small flurries. Obviously after we closed the curtains it came at quite a pace. DB has just been out to measure the depth and it is 5 inches! The gritters don't do most of the roads in our village so we tend not to venture out unless we have too.

We are expecting light snow showers on and off all day with the possibility of up to another 2 inches. Then like most of the country, very, very cold temperatures overnight. If you haven't yet turned off the water to your outside taps (or protected them), do so now.


DS. sent us this fantastic picture of little Miss M (with sister S. in the background) out on their walk yesterday. This is the first time M. has seen snow, looks like she enjoyed it. Hope you don't mind me using it DS, it made us both laugh.


I have just started a batch of bread to last us the week, then I will make some more soup, probably the same as last time as I still have some bacon to use up. 

12 comments:

  1. Love the picture of Miss M. Brought a big smile to my face on this gloomy morning. Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fantastic photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love it, looks like she is learning to fly!

      Delete
  3. We thought we were getting snow yesterday, but no - zilch. We woke to the merest smattering on the ground, more like a heavy frost really. It did cause a few problems in the side streets though. As I said to my grandson when I took him to school, "if its going to snow then lets have some decent snow" then there really would be a good reason for the roads to be slippy slidy!
    P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our roads turned slushy as the day advance but has now frozen with lots of black ice. Staying in needless to say.

      Delete
  4. Our dogs have always loved snow - one of them a miniature Dachshund always ended up with snowballs on his ears and feet - it used to take him ages to thaw out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, I can just imagine that. Probably not the only things that get covered, I'm surprised they don't get stomach ache pushing through all the snow.

      Delete
  5. Just had to say love your photo, made me smile as well.
    That is just how I felt on Monday
    walking in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she looks like she is smiling and saying Yippee!

      Delete
  6. I love that photo, it's brilliant! :)

    Oooo, I'm a tad jealous of your snow! Down here in Dorset it's just a bit chilly with not a flake in sight! Hoping that they will keep their promise, and we get some Friday though :)

    have a great week, and keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should be clear after tonight until Friday or Saturday. After that, who knows. Seems to depend on where the next front gets too.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.