Monday 20 May 2013

A different kind of crumble

As we are rabbit and gerbil sitting for a friend (the pets are still at her house), she said to help ourselves to some rhubarb so we took 4 stalks. I made a crumble as per normal but had a little bit of cinnamon cereal leftover from our holidays (don't normally buy fancy cereal), so that was also crumbled in:
Rhubarb and apple finely chopped plus sugar:
Also the crumble had some wheatgerm and oat bran added before being put on the top:
Fresh out of the oven - we shall eat this over 3 days:

For a quick lunch we had leftover potatoes, brie plus some salad and a chilli mayonnaise dressing:



2 comments:

  1. Oooh you know how to get my tummy rumbling, good job it's nearly lunch time.

    I think crunble is delicious hot out of the oven with icecream and then when it's cold the next couple of days with lovely hot custard.

    I just love crumble, and your lunch looks pretty yummy too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to pick the first fresh rhubarb in spring! The crumble looks yummy.
    I can't wait to make some too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.