Saturday 5 July 2014

Baking...

Despite the heat, I needed to make an impossible quiche for tea so also did some muffins. I don't use a muffin mix for this, just a 4 egg Victoria sponge mix. I didn't have enough fresh eggs due to no churn ice cream making, so utilized one dried egg from our stack kept in the freezer. By the way, the ice cream still worked fine with natural yoghurt (home-made and strained a little in our case). The texture was slightly different, not quite so fluffy, but the taste was still very good!

I had in a big bar of Milky Bar white chocolate, so half of that was chopped and added to the mixture, which was then divided in two. The muffins in the blue cases had our blueberries added. The ones in the red cases, the few strawberry slices I had dried and then re-hydrated:
I think I chopped the chocolate too finely as we could detect it in the texture but overall, they were a great success.

I made the quiche following Rhonda's recipe (see Recipe tab above) but left out the onion as didn't have any. I made ours using 3 fresh and 1 dried egg, ham, pepper, tomato (de-seeded), Red Leicester cheese in the mix and Parmesan sprinkled on the top:
Some was eaten fresh, the rest warmed up.

8 comments:

  1. Well done you, I should have baked today, but was worn out, had a cream tea, but not as good as when I bake scones and use homemade jam, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, they look delicious. I darent bake at the moment as we are trying (but failing miserably) to maintain our weight loss of last year! Did you say you used your own blueberries? We have lots on our bush but they are still green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, two different types but not much ripe at the moment.

      Delete
  3. Milky bar muffins, sounds lush yum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice but we don't often use chocolate.

      Delete
  4. Well done, it all looks delicious. Fridays are baking days here, though it all seems to be gone by Monday; I might have to swap days. You are brilliant at finding interesting recipes, I want to try this quiche and the ice cream x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I try to remain interesting.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.