Friday 1 May 2015

Painting vegetable raised beds

Having bought two tins of black Shades wood paint, I set to on the raised vegetable beds. Only the smaller bed 4 was completed before the rains began, a few days ago:
A few days later, I managed to get the more shaded sides of beds 1 and 3 completed before the rains - again:
These are the sides that have plants growing in front so they needed doing first. On top of bed 1, you can see the painted top of a greenhouse bench where I grow peppers and other such things that need a little shelter but good sunshine.

The weather deteriorated and the beds became damp. Painting was halted until today when I began on the rest of Bed 1.

During these few days of cooler temperatures, I have had the oven on to make two small loaves of brown and malt extract bread, two quiches and two corned beef pasties:


That's all for now folks, have a lovely weekend, no matter the weather brings!


10 comments:

  1. It's definitely got cooler hasn't it? A very good excuse to do some baking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that tonight, Friday is the last cold one for a while. Maybe I'll be able to get my tomatoes and things, permanently into the greenhouse.

      Delete
  2. Weather is not to good hear, very chilly, some warming food is needed, have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum - those quiches look delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was the first time making them with more cheese than normal.

      Delete
  4. Your bread always looks so inviting DC, it wouldn't last long in this house. It's sunny but cool here and the evenings have a definite nip in the air. Enjoy your weekend. P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is nice fresh for a couple of days, after that, toast, unlike squishy bought bread which we do have occasionally.

      Delete
  5. The quiches look delicious. We had one shower yesterday and nothing today. The barrels still haven't got much water in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, when I say rain, I mean heavy shower for 10 minutes or so. I am really hoping this weekend tops up all our butts!

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.