Friday 10 July 2015

Bits of this and that

I have really enjoyed watching Wimbledon this year, and put it down to so many of the British players getting further in than normal. I will be glued to it this afternoon despite a nurse's appointment during the match!

If Andy beats Roger I hope he then goes on to beat Novak. Not so much to win again but more to show he can beat Novak again. If karma thinks otherwise, I'd rather see him not go through and then I'll hope Roger beats Novak. Not got anything against Novak as such just that it gets a bit boring watching the same people win time and time again. Same goes for Serena!

My front garden is in its green phase, just about. I am waiting for cut back things to reflower as well as new things:
I baked two more loaves of bread as well:
This time, they were a combination of wholemeal, white and rye. Last week during the hot and humid weather, they were sliced then bagged in half loaf batches to prevent them going mouldy before being finished. This week, not being quite so hot, we kept one sliced loaf out and froze the other as a whole sliced loaf as well.

We went out early to do our weekly shop. Last week, we managed to stretch it to 10 days. Might be able to do the same this week as we seem to be spending just a smidgen more each week than before. I can't work out whether it is because prices are rising, our salad crop has failed or we are eating differently to normal due to the weather chopping and changing so much.

Anyway, I hope the budget hasn't been too cruel to any of you. It will be good for most of us I think, when the rise in tax allowance kicks in. As for us, I think for the most part we will be okay but am not sure yet what the changes regarding car tax etc. will be in the future as something was mentioned about that but no-one knows what the changes are or so it seems.

Keep on keeping on folks. Have a lovely weekend.


10 comments:

  1. If Murray loses in the semi ( which is just about to start!) then I would prefer Djokovic to take the title. I'm not a great fan of Federer as a person as I find him to be rather smug - and he already has 7 Wimbledon titles.
    The effects of the budget on us are better not discussed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Roger wins I might not even bother watching the final, just all gets a bit samey with both of them.

      Delete
  2. Well, Andy just lost so it is RF and ND in the final, I shall watch, don't mind who wins - just love tennis and what a treat that there is Davis Cup too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Andy played really well but said before the match that I thought Federer would win. There just wasn't any chink in his armour for Andy to get through. I shall now watch Jamie in the final. Really looking forward to the Davis cup but the French have so many seeded players to chose from we will have to fight hard:)

      Delete
  3. I was hoping that Andy would take a set but Roger was playing excellent tennis today. I agree with you about Novak and Serena, we need some changes at the top. I was so disappointed with Nadal. I hope he can get back to top form again. I think when Victoria Azarenka gets back to 100% she might have a chance at challenging Serena. Two more days and then it's all over until the U.S. open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to pay to watch non uk or French tennis and might not do so due to the time differences!

      Delete
  4. There have been some exciting matches this year. Shame about Murray, but there's always next year. Your front garden looks beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it does take some work but mostly cutting back and dead heading.

      Delete
  5. Good morning! Although I was rooting for Andy am actually quite glad he didn't beat Roger - I don't think I could have stood the tension of watching him in the final! So glad I read blogs such as yours, otherwise I would have been under the illusion that we had the only salad leaves crop to fail! Lovely white flowers but b****r all leaves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, doesn't do anything for my blood pressure either! Not just salad leaves unfortunately, carrots, spinach, leeks, peas,florence fennel to name but a few. I am currently on my third batch of sowing just trying to get things to grow. Most disheartening.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.