Monday 13 June 2016

Garden

Now that summer seems to have more or less arrived and seems fit to stay, the combination of heat and moisture have added further interest to the front gravel garden. It is at its best early summer, but each year, I try to add Autumn colour to extend the visual effectiveness for longer. Here is the view through our middle lounge window:
Walking around outside it can be found one of two clematis:
Many oriental poppies:
The most heavenly scented Abraham Derby rose:
Wedding Anniversary rose that has no scent:(
A lovely David Austin rose, heavy with scent:
There are loads more plants just beginning to open up so it will be colourful and full of scent shortly.

8 comments:

  1. Your garden is even lovelier in the flesh, Dc! I'm kicking myself that I didn't take a few photographs while I was with you on Friday. I am especially enamoured of your gravel garden - did I say? !! The poppies are now in pride of place either side of the fuchsia pot in the centre of my tiny gravel garden, and when the fuchsias are over I'll move the pot and dig out a very small bed to plant up. I know it'll take years to reach to glorious state of yours but hey you have to start somewhere! Looking forward to meeting up again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Ours only became a gravel garden when the lawn refused to flourish!

      Delete
  2. It all looks lush and gorgeous. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a few weeks it will change again.

      Delete
  3. Looks lovely and I can almost smell it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours are so wonderful - here in Australia the colours fade so quickly in the hot sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That can be a problem here as normally, we are one of the 'hottest and driest' counties.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.