Tuesday 4 April 2017

Weeding!

I feel as though I have been weeding for months, due to the milder than usual Winter weather. Not so of course as I wasn't actually weeding in the winter!

The blasted things are popping up all over the place and I can only weed for 20 or 30 minutes before my back protests. That is despite weeding on all fours and stretching my back intermittently. Having a liner on top of the soil, plus gravel, is supposed to reduce the work but that isn't proving true!

I potted on my tomatoes yesterday, they are still in the conservatory, along with a few peppers. My first row of radish is up as are the first few broad beans. Other veg have been sown, but so far, have not put in much of an appearance.

DB has kindly widened and lengthened the foot rests on my Maxi climber so I am back on it now after a rest and it just feels more comfortable. 100 steps twice a day for now to see how my knee responds although to be fair, I am not sure it was the climber that was to blame as I have had the problem intermittently for years.

I am really looking forward to the Davis Cup tie this weekend, beginning on Friday.


4 comments:

  1. It's leeks that I can't persuade to germinate this year - two lots, two different packets - nothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too warm maybe? A few of my first ones have germinated but not many.

      Delete
  2. Oh weeding is so horrible and soul destroying as the little So and so's keep coming back! Mares Tail is my bugbear at the allotment xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our fruit cage has that. Prehistoric apparently and very difficult to control.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.