Tuesday 1 August 2017

Hot chicken Part II

Some of the meat was lightly chopped and added to drained mushroom pieces from a tin of condensed mushroom soup. This tip came from DDil (and DS), both of whom don't mind the taste of mushrooms but dislike the texture. I opened the tin and sieved out the pieces. It was only afterwards that I realised the job would have been easier if I had slightly diluted the contents first - doh!

Anyway, the few bits of mushrooms, chicken and another tablespoon of the undiluted soup were mixed together to form the filling for a side plate pie. We had this with vegetables and the rest of mushroom soup as a gravy:
MiL always said that if you are having pastry you don't need potatoes. I think she was right as lets face it, there are enough calories in the pastry without adding more with the potatoes!

Unfortunately I plated up too much so I just had the veg and pie filling and a little pastry. DB ate all his!

3 comments:

  1. I love sauces so I normally give up potatoes or pastry so I can have sauce.I bought Sainsburys mushroom sauce which was 89p and was lovely well worth the money I thinned it a little with milk and added lots of other bits to make chicken supreme. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also done that but with chicken soup, yum indeed!

      Delete
  2. That sounds really good! And yes my mum always said if you have pastry you don't need spuds.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.