Thursday 3 August 2017

Hot chicken Part III and IV

I purposefully did too many vegetables with the pie so I could plate up two more meals. Chicken and cauliflower cheese for me and Chicken and vegetable cheese for DB. I forgot to take the pictures before freezing but here is a misted one pulled from the freezer:
It is uncooked hence its pale state. The cheese sauce was left to go cold before being mixed in with the vegetables.

There was enough chicken left for chicken and vegetable chilli for two/three, which went into the freezer:
and just enough left over for us to have some for tea.

All in all, quite a few meals and snacks. Yes, the chicken wasn't the main ingredient but it never is. We usually only eat meat once or at the most, twice a week.

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant use of the chicken, makes it really worthwhile buying a ready cooked one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to love a hot chicken from the supermarket; you're right about not being able to replicate the flavour at home, and you've made lots of meals from it. How much would it be for an equivalent sized raw chicken these days? I have no idea about meat prices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably £3 - £4 mark (plus cooking on top) but as a treat, it is well worth the extra expence.

      Delete
  3. I often buy the rotisserie chickens and manage to get quite a few meal from it. Chicken dinner, chicken caesar salad, fajitas, wraps etc. and then when it is picked pretty clean the carcass goes in the freezer. When I have 3 carcasses I make a big pot of soup which does for several more meals.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.