Monday 9 October 2017

Dressing gowns...

It took a total of 4 washes to dye these two dressing gowns - wash, dye, wash, wash machine out! The long one was already purple but very faded and looks so much better:
The short one was a pale turquoise one, but in a different material so came out lighter but still lovely:
Although the machine has been cleaned, I think the next wash in it will have to be a dark one just in case. Also, the first few times I wear these, I might sit on a towel just in case!

It may have been 'expensive' from a washing machine point of view but overall, I think it cost about £10 including the dye, and they are the colour I wanted, so a win win change!

2 comments:

  1. I dyed a whole lot of towels that had seen better days what a difference it makes. The gowns look good.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.