Thursday 30 August 2018

Baking...

We needed some biscuits for our walk so checking I had all the ingredients, I made some baked Almond bites, not the original title. Not using flour, these are naturally gluten free. The recipe only makes a few but they are very rich:
You can find the proper recipe from Kate's blog here.

I make them plain as we like them like that. Although they might have chocolate dribbled onto them when I remember! Sitting next to them is a loaf of malthouse bread. The flour was out of date but had been languishing in the freezer so today, it got used. Very nice it is too if I do say so myself!

5 comments:

  1. Just love homemade bread, so much nicer (and better for us) than mass produced shop bought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We think so but do indulge in a shop loaf occasionally.

      Delete
  2. Is there a link to your bread recipe? It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Not at the moment, I’ll add it.

      Delete
    2. Here is the link https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/paul_hollywoods_bloomer_84636
      I adjust the amount of water depending on what flour I use.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.