Wednesday 19 December 2018

Advocaat Muffins with frosting...

Having made an Advocaat cake the other day, see here, and deciding we didn't particularly like the chocolate in it, the recipe was adapted.

Using half the recipe and no chocolate, the mixture had 8 cocktail cherries chopped into it before putting into muffin tins. These were baked for 25 minutes at 190C:
Top view:
Once cold, I made up a small amount of frosting using 25g butter, 150g icing sugar and 38ml of Advocaat. Using a 1" ice cream scoop,  I managed to cover all 8 muffins. The final decoration was 1/2 a cocktail cherry:
They were put into the fridge just long enough to help set the frosting. I am not a fan of butter icing but these were to serve with a Christmas cup of tea with our walking buddies, so I decorated the muffins with them in mind. DB and I shared one with a cup of tea. Very nice!

2 comments:

  1. These sound so much better than the cake Great idea to add the cherries and decorate the tops too.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.