Sunday 9 December 2018

Home made postal Christmas gifts reveal...

Some family members have Christmas gifts sent to them. I like to make or re-purpose things. They must be able to fit into a large letter size bag to save postage. No point making something only to spend £3 per gift to send it!

One year I sewed defunct tea towels into vegetable storage bags for the fridge. I have crocheted dishcloths. This year, still adjusting to having Ruby with us, time ran away with me. After a bit of a rummage and a think, I made labels for presents. I picked some bay leaves from the garden to dry. Using a glue gun and adding a slice of dehydrated orange to an address label they turned into these:
Then walking at Wells one day, we came back through the woods and found thin chips of pine bark lying on the floor:
There were just 4 slices left over and as I had made enough labels to give away, added a star anise to each one for little decorations for the dining room:
There is enough room to write on the bottom of each label and the dining room shelf smells wonderful with the star anise and orange slices.

10 comments:

  1. Oh I love the tags...how practical and clever and beautiful. Did you use a dehydrator?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. No, not this year but I have dried them in the past.

      Delete
  2. Nice way to recycle. You did very well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, got to get my thinking cap on earlier next year.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love them. Wish I was so inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks. Hope to be more creative next year.

      Delete
  5. They look wonderful, I wish I could smell them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly have a nice smell to them.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.