Sunday 23 December 2018

Soggy bottom ...

We went to the beach yesterday to give the dogs a good run around. Ruby was not impressed having to share a crate with Master L. She whinged the whole way there!

The tide was quite far out so we had to traverse a few gullies to get there. A suitable running around time followed.

On the way back, the tide was coming in and the gullies were deeper. We crossed most okay but the last one was too deep for my shoes. DS offered to piggyback me across it. It took me an age to get on his back!

Halfway across he decided to speed up and just as we got across he started to lower me down. Not a good move as I wasn’t ready and clung on more tightly, toppling us both over. In the chaos that followed, I lost my footing and fell into the edge of the gully flat on my back, getting half submerged. He half tumbled in getting his arms soaked.

I was laughing by then and being desperate to go to the loo, wet myself! The brief flash of warmth was most welcome  but after that I got even colder.

A wet walk back to the car, a damp drive home and a very welcome change of clothing, cup of tea and a biscuit helped.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely to be near a beach for a good walk. laughing is good for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing with you! Definitely memory making for you and DS and probably the others as well. I don't envy you the soggy drive home tho. ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn’t very comfortable that’s for sure.

      Delete
  3. Maybe that's the reason for all the Tena Lady ads!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if I had had a pad on, I would have soaked up more sea!

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.