Monday 6 May 2019

Giggling with DB

Occasionally, something happens which sets us off into fits of giggles. Last night was one such occasion.

I needed a tissue and was about to get up to get one when DB pulled a clean one from his pocket. As I used it, he pulled another one from up his sleeve. "I have loads more" he said. This started us off.

I thrust my hand up my sleeve and pretended, like a magician, to pull imaginary lengths of hankies from up my sleeve. He thrust his lapel at me and said "do you want to smell my flower".

I responded by taking off an imaginary hat and producing an imaginary rabbit before shaking his hand with an imaginary shock gadget hidden in my palm. We then went back to watching the tv, giving little giggles and wiping our eyes for a while.

Its the little unexpected things in life, like this, that make us happy.

5 comments:

  1. Having a laugh with one's DB is so important, I believe. We laugh (together!) regularly. I was out with a friend - she and her husband were having a rough patch. I asked if they ever had a laugh together and she looked at me as if I was slightly mad. I cannot imagine that and we have been married for 30 years. I had a little chuckle visualizing your little scene - priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We laugh quite a lot but serious giggling breaks out less often, much more funny when it happens.

      Delete
  2. How funny! We've had a few hilarious moments like that....the funniest that springs to mind was when we were decorating, I was up a stepladder painting the coving around the top of the wall. I stepped down off the ladder....and put my foot straight into the paste bucket (husband was papering the walls). He was helpless with laughter...to this day he claims he didn't deliberately put the bucket there for me to step in it, although I know he did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very probably by the sound of it:)

      Delete
  3. Moments like this are part of the mortar that holds the bricks together. If you get too old to laugh and giggle I am very sad for you. And this is a precious part of memory making too. Life, love and laughter...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Please leave comments in English. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.